ESL Reading and Writing 9
In this course, students with near-native fluency in English learn how to write well-organized essays that defend a point of view. To strengthen their writing, they read and analyze essays by well-known writers. They learn how to choose the right word, organize their ideas for an American audience, and add depth and power to their sentences. By reviewing ways to write concise, cohesive, and well-balanced sentences and paragraphs, they gain the skills to write in English more effectively.
You'll Walk Away with
- The skills to analyze essays in English by well-known writers
- The ability to write more effectively in English using concise, cohesive, and well-balanced sentences and paragraphs
- The knowledge to organize ideas for an American audience and to add depth and power to writing in English
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals