ESL Reading and Writing 5
This course is for intermediate-level students of English. Students focus on reading and writing for both general and academic purposes. Students read from news articles, essays, short stories, and other sources chosen by the instructor. Students also study paragraph structure, development, organization, and essay structure, while working on multiple drafts to improve their ability to edit their own writing and organize ideas. The complement to this course is ESL Listening and Speaking 5/CESL1-CE9025, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to write a comprehensible and organized paragraph in English with basic vocabulary and sentence structure
- The ability to write in English for various purposes, including description, explanation, and narration
- The ability to write in English about a personal opinion, providing a topic sentence and reasons
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals