TOEFL Listening and Speaking
This course will focus on practicing the essential skills required in the listening and speaking sections on the TOEFL iBT. Additionally, the course will be complemented with pronunciation lessons that will help improve your clarity and fluency in speaking. You will be taking simulated mini-TOEFL tests during the term to track your progress. Students’ individual needs will be assessed and addressed as the class progresses. Strategies for effective self-study will be introduced as well.
This course meets online in real time on Mondays and Wednesdays. On Fridays, you are expected to complete assignments asynchronously.
You'll Walk Away with
- Practice of the essential skills tested in the listening and speaking sections of the TOEFL iBT
- Improved clarity and fluency when speaking English
- Strategies for effective self-study
- Nonnative English speakers
- Those who are preparing to take the TOEFL