SolidWorks is the industry-standard software for industrial and product design due to its powerful 3D modeling capabilities. This course starts with an introduction to the program interface and the sketching and modeling tools, and then explores the planes and orientation of the 3D model space. Learn how to translate a 2D sketch into a 3D model, to execute multiple 3D models, and to combine them within an assembly file. Understand how to draft 2D and 3D drawing documents for design communication purposes.
You'll Walk Away with
- Competency with multiple drawing and modification commands in SolidWorks
- Three-dimensional solid models and three-dimensional assemblies incorporating multiple solid models
- The ability to apply industry standards to the preparation of technical mechanical drawings
- Individuals who seek to learn the basics of SolidWorks or to get started with 3D modeling
- Designers, engineers, and hobbyists