Professional Practices and Business Development for Photographers
This course presents a solid foundation in the concepts, tools, and techniques required to become a self-employed professional photographer. It is geared toward new and emerging photography students and photographers seeking guidance in essential business and marketing skills. In this class, work on the business aspects of and the financial and legal requirements for starting a photography studio or a photography business. Also, acquire the personal skills needed to succeed as a professional, including hiring staff, pricing for profitability, and building a brand through self-promotion.
You'll Walk Away with
- The skills necessary to seek and attain entry-level employment in the photographic field
- Familiarity with the vocabulary, procedures, and working realities specific to the occupation of photography
- Knowledge of how to conduct your own freelance photography business
- Photographers with three to five years of experience and an interest in producing images for media outlets, nonprofits, foundations, or corporations
- Working photographers seeking practical advice and information addressing business issues that freelancers face on a daily basis