Parallels and Contrasts Between 20th-Century Fine and Decorative Art
Modern art and contemporary art, together with 20th-century decorative arts, continue to dominate the art market, with dedicated dealers and auction houses thriving. How are these dynamic works similar and how are they different? Which artists created this phenomenal oeuvre? What training did they have, and what cultural, social, political, and economic influences defined their works? Was this an era of industry or individual innovation? What special circumstances created an urgent need for advanced conservation? In this wide array of works, what defines quality and where are the bargains in the market? Moreover, what does this innovative work contribute to the art that follows?
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the relationship between fine art and decorative art of the 20th century
- Familiarity with the different styles and art objects created in the 20th century
- Knowledge of the value and quality of different art objects
- Art enthusiasts and collectors
- Prospective and practicing arts professionals