Business Startups and Innovation Lab
Learn how to identify the needs and to solve the problems that matter to startups. Gain the skills to systematically analyze business problems that start-ups face and to deliver elegant solutions. Become familiar with the lean startup model, which is based on starting a company using an experimental business canvas instead of a traditional business plan. This multidisciplinary and multi-approach course will show you how to go against conventional wisdom in order to deliver business solutions that matter. Through a mixture of exercises, cases, lectures, and discussions, acquire a deeper understanding of the dynamics of, and barriers to, starting a business. Ultimately, learn to become a more effective conduit for the innovation that all organizations require to survive, regardless of the profession you pursue.
You'll Walk Away with
- A passion for entrepreneurship based on the lean startup model
- An understanding of the minimum viable product (MVP) concept
- The ability to pursue hypotheses and ideas that, at first, are not fully fleshed out
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in a career in business