Fundamentals of 3D Design and 3D Printing
3D printing is a powerful and versatile tool that can bring your designs—from creatures and robots to fashion and jewelry—to life! This hands-on course, designed for those with little to no experience in 3D design or printing, will walk you through how to use professional industry-standard 3D design tools, such as Pixologic’s ZBrush, to create digital work for your portfolio. Gain hands-on, foundational experience with cutting-edge techniques relevant to industrial design, product design, character design, 3D animation, visualization, and 3D printing. Throughout the week, visit professional 3D printing spaces in Manhattan and learn about large-scale additive manufacturing and careers in 3D design and printing. At the week’s end, you will leave class with a 3D print you designed and the beginnings of a robust digital portfolio.
You'll Walk Away with
- A fully realized 3D print of your own design
- An understanding how 3D modeling and printing is used in a wide variety of industries, along with the current capabilities of the technology
- A framework for advancing your own skill set in 3D design
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in learning more about 3D design or 3D printing and its application to various future careers