Sports Branding and Sponsorship
Have you ever gone to a baseball game and wondered why you see so many signs with company names on them in the outfield? Or why companies choose well-known athletes to represent their products and services across media? This course will help to answer those questions by taking a deeper look into the multibillion-dollar world of sports branding and sponsorship from the viewpoint of the team, the brand, and other entities involved in the process. You will examine how teams and brands work together to achieve their marketing goals and to get fans involved. The course will feature guest speakers from the industry and at least one trip to a stadium to see sponsorship in action. If you are considering a career in sports marketing or branding, this course can provide a helpful overview for defining your career path, while allowing you to gain a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to build and deploy successful sports branding campaigns and sponsorships.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the key elements of branding in sports
- Knowledge of the parties involved in sports sponsorship and their respective roles
- The ability to formulate the right questions for developing a sponsorship strategy
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students who are interested in exploring a career in sports marketing