Hit Songwriting: Creating, Recording, and Marketing Your Music
Are you thinking about a career in songwriting? This course is designed for both beginners and more advanced musicians, as well as for singers and lyricists. Taught by multi-Grammy Award nominee Larry Dvoskin, who has earned gold and platinum hit records collaborating with iconic music stars, this program guides you through the internal creative process of finding your unique signature as an artist, writing songs and recording them, and using the Internet and social media to market and promote your music. Songwriting topics covered will include analysis of timeless lyrics, tension and release structure in melody, and the most current and popular chord patterns and arrangements. Also, explore types of recording software, both digital and analog, and learn how to record on your home computer and how to find the right producer. This course also covers an overview of how to build relationships with managers, agents, publicists, DJs, producers, engineers, and record label executives—who all play critical roles in the lasting success of a career musician. Upon completion of the program, you will come away with at least one finished new or reworked song and a step-by-step strategic and creative plan to record and promote it. As an added bonus, this course may feature guest appearances by one or two recording stars.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the internal creative process for writing and recording songs
- Knowledge of how to use the Internet and social media to market and promote your music
- At least one finished new or reworked song and a step-by-step strategic and creative plan to record and promote it
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in exploring a possible career in the music industry