A versatile and powerful object-oriented programming language, C++ is widely used today in business and in scientific applications. Talented C++ programmers are needed to develop desktop software, including operating systems, productivity software, and games. Upon completion of the Diploma in C/C++ Programming, you will have an in-depth understanding of C++ syntax and semantics and will be able to:
- Develop code and applications that conform to specifications
- Unit-test programs and work through the QA cycle
- Understand the full software development life cycle
- Apply concepts of class hierarchies, syntax, functions, classes, methods, and the Standard Template Library (STL)
Course content in the Diploma centers on the principles and practices compulsory to design, develop, and deploy applications that utilize a C++ interactive development environment (IDE). As a student in this program, you will be able to build authentic, real-world C++ applications predicated on the erudition and skills gained. This program prepares you to seek entry-level vocation positions such as programmer, web database developer, and C++ developer. You will be able to apply and use object-oriented programming (OOP) and C++ to develop stand-alone and web-predicated applications with database connectivity.
Completion of the Diploma in C/C++ Programming is proof to employers that you possess the expertise necessary to get the job done. Simultaneously, it will demonstrate your willingness to expand your knowledge and, therefore, contribute to an increase in a company’s efficiency, productivity, and profit-making capacity.
Upon completion of the Diploma, you will be able to:
- Analyze the technical needs of end users
- Design a program in C++ to meet end-user requirements
- Develop a program that integrates with a relational database
- Develop a program that incorporates object-orientated programming methodologies
- Build on the constructs of sequence, selection, and repetition to develop programs using objects, methods, data abstraction, inheritance, and polymorphism
Projects will be a collaborative effort between groups of at least two but not more than three students and will involve design and development, team division of tasks, code review, unit testing, and end-to-end testing. Upon successful completion of the Diploma, you will have a professional portfolio of projects demonstrating your functional knowledge of C++.
Schedule and Format
- Three noncredit courses
- On average, students take one course per semester, fall/spring/summer
- The Diploma must be completed within two years
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the three required courses within two years.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please contact the Division of Programs in Business at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of how an existing C++ program works
- The ability to discover errors in a C++ program and fix them
- The knowledge to critique a C++ program and describe ways to improve it
- The skills to analyze a problem and construct a C++ program to solve it
- The ability to choose and apply the required Linux commands to develop C++ programs in a command-line environment