Real Estate and Construction Diploma in Small and Medium Real Estate Development Process
Commercial, mixed-use, and residential real estate development enterprises offer some of the largest potential profits in the real estate industry. Given the interdisciplinary, high-stakes nature of development projects, career and entrepreneurial opportunities generated by these projects can be both eclectic and highly rewarding. Real estate development professionals are the individuals who envision, coordinate, and orchestrate projects. Since real estate development is such a multifaceted process, it encompasses a range of activities, including site acquisition, market and feasibility analysis, financing, zoning, design and construction, asset management, and sales. Given this complexity, a mix of specialized analytical, financial, marketing, interpersonal, and organizational skills are needed to succeed in the business.
The Diploma in Small and Medium Real Estate Development Process provides individuals with the specialized skills to enter or advance in this industry and to bring a project from concept to reality. This diploma program provides an understanding of the phases, issues, and complexities that come into play in the development of real estate.
This diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete six courses—five required and one elective—within two years. Click on the courses below for course sections and times.
If you need additional advisement, please email the program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of the phases of real estate development, including site and entitlement concerns
- The ability to perform marketability and feasibility analyses
- The skills to identify and select project financing options
- An understanding of professional services and construction contracts, tenant contracts, and insurance
- The ability to manage the project delivery phase of the real estate development project