Real Estate and Construction Diploma in Residential Property Management
As a participant in the Diploma in Residential Property Management, you will acquire an introduction to real estate investment concepts and property management principles. You will learn how to market properties; negotiate and execute leases; manage staff and handle human resource issues; oversee day-to-day operations of the property, including maintenance and other service contracts; address risk management and insurance concerns; and enhance the value and financial performance of the real property asset. This program includes guest lectures by industry professionals, hands-on projects, and site visits to multifamily properties in New York City. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the main roles and responsibilities of the property manager, including how best to position a property to maximize its investment return and profit, optimize tenant relations and retention, and maintain property-building systems and extend their economic life.
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses within two years.
Click on the courses below for course sections and times.
If you need additional advisement, please email the program office at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of residential property management
- The ability to develop a property management services strategy for a potential client/owner
- An understanding of budget and accounting for residential properties
- An understanding of landlord/tenant rules and regulations
- The ability to evaluate, and revise as needed, a residential lease agreement