Real Estate and Construction Diploma in Commercial Real Estate Lending
Mortgage debt financing is a key component of most commercial real estate (CRE) transactions. As such, CRE lending has become an important line of business for the banking and finance industry because it provides the essential financing for the acquisition, development, and construction (ADC) of income-producing properties. With outstanding commercial mortgage loans at nearly US$3 trillion, CRE lending activity contributes significantly to the economy, as well as to the US job market. CRE lenders are actively recruiting those who possess the specialized analytical skills to underwrite and structure CRE loans.
The Diploma in Commercial Real Estate Lending provides individuals with the specialized skills to enter or advance in this fast-paced industry. From origination to servicing a commercial real estate loan, this diploma covers the quantitative and qualitative tools to analyze commercial investment properties; assess borrower credit worthiness; and make prudent, defensible lending decisions.
This diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses. Click on the courses below for course sections and times.
If you need additional advisement, please email the program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- The skills to gather and analyze market and historical property financial data
- The ability to review and interpret third-party environmental, engineering, and appraisal reports
- An understanding of how to assess property performance, management, and ownership structures
- The ability to analyze and monitor borrower/sponsor financial condition and credit worthiness
- Knowledge of how to structure loans based on risk considerations and how to prepare a credit package and amendments for approval