Marketing and Public Relations Diploma in Search Engine Marketing
Digital marketing is one of the fastest-growing fields in business today, accounting for approximately half of all marketing and advertising spending in the US. Nearly half of all digital marketing budgets are spent on paid search and search engine optimization (SEO), making search engine marketing (SEM) one of the most important marketing skills to acquire within the digital marketing universe. As a student participating in the Diploma in Search Engine Marketing, you will learn how to develop and implement effective search engine marketing and search engine optimization tactics using channels like the Google Display Network, Bing ads, Google Shopping ads, and YouTube advertising. You will learn how to develop a holistic search strategy into an overall marketing plan.
As a participant in this diploma program, you will advance your understanding of and ability to implement search engine marketing using a hands-on approach to campaign strategy, creation, and optimization. Through class discussion, assigned reading, presentations, quizzes, and a final exam, you will learn to plan and execute the latest search engine marketing strategies. To be successful in this program, you must complete all assignments and presentations, have a desire to learn, actively participate in class, and take a final exam.
- Practical experience with Google AdWords, YouTube advertising, Bing ads, and many other digital marketing tools and platforms
- The ability to create and optimize paid search campaigns
- Proficiency with Google Shopping ad campaigns and data feed management
- Familiarity with creating display and video advertising using YouTube and the Google Display Network
- Knowledge of search engine optimization terminology, methods, and strategy
Schedule and Format
- Four noncredit courses
- On average, students take one course per semester, fall/spring/summer
- The Diploma must be completed within two years
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses within two years.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please contact the Division of Programs in Business at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of the history and terminology of search engine marketing
- The skills to develop, execute, monitor, and maintain a paid search campaign
- The ability to deploy SEO to optimize webpage's page rank in search engines
- Knowledge of shopping, display, and video advertising in a well-conceived campaign