An awareness of and reflection on one’s own teaching are essential for continued growth in the field of TESOL. This course will provide students with foundational classroom teaching experience, using lessons developed in the Planning and Assessment course and applying the skills and knowledge gained from all the courses in the Diploma program. Students will receive valuable feedback on their teaching, which they can incorporate in future lesson planning.
You'll Walk Away with
- Skill using classroom space, equipment, technology, and other physical resources to suit learning objectives and second-language (L2) learners’ needs
- Skill using strategies for the setup and monitoring of individual work, pair work, group work, and whole-class work
- Skill giving clear instructions and using comprehension checks to confirm understanding with consideration for L2 learners’ language level
- The ability to use error correction methods appropriate to the learning objectives and the L2 learners’ needs
- The ability to use strategies for addressing mixed or multiple levels of proficiency in the same classroom
- An awareness of the importance of reflection on one’s own teaching practice