Global Affairs and Fundraising Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation: Project Management for the UN, Government, and NGOs
The NYUSPS Center for Global Affairs’ Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation: Project Management for the UN, Government, and NGOs provides students with a strong foundation in monitoring and evaluation program design and implementation. Participants explore the variety of tools and techniques used to measure project progress and to report outcomes to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders—including donors, funders, supervisors, or the population being served. Students design relevant and effective frameworks, and learn the required methods to conduct effective data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting. Through these lessons and through exposure to real case studies drawn from relevant organizations, students gain the skills needed to conduct a monitoring and evaluation program for development organizations, NGOs, or private organizations in the development, peacebuilding, energy, gender studies, or transnational security sectors.
Program Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Understand what monitoring and evaluation mean
- Build a project or program design and a monitoring and evaluation framework
- Develop and utilize appropriate indicators for measuring project or program goals, outcomes, outputs, and impacts/effectiveness
- Understand quantitative and qualitative data collection methods and ways to use them in project or program monitoring and evaluation
- Write reports and recommendations
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses within two years. Students may elect to complete the JobFocus course, which is offered in an online, self-paced format.
Note: This program is offered in sequence and has been designed to be taken over the course of two semesters.
Please, also note: New students are accepted in the fall and the spring semesters. We do not accept new students in the summer.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of what monitoring and evaluation mean
- The ability to build a project or program design and a monitoring and evaluation framework
- The knowledge to develop and utilize appropriate indicators for measuring project or program goals, outcomes, outputs, and impacts/effectiveness
- An understanding of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods and the ability to use them in project or program monitoring and evaluation
- The tools to write reports and recommendations