Finance Diploma in Fixed Income Portfolio Management
Fixed-income markets develop at a dramatic pace, and the Diploma in Fixed Income Portfolio Management provides the practical tools and latest knowledge to excel in this field. The diploma content provides a firm grounding in the management of fixed-income portfolios, covering why and how investors allocate money to fixed income, as well as the many issues impacting risk and return. The focus is on the mechanics of portfolio construction and analysis across a wide range of instruments, including securities, swaps, inflation products, CDS, and indices.
This diploma is ideally suited to those who need to examine, analyze, and value a wide array of fixed-income instruments, including bonds, bonds subject to credit risk, swaps, and interest rate derivatives.
Note: The diploma content assumes a basic knowledge of financial instruments and quantitative methods.
By completing the Diploma, you will:
- Have a broad understanding of fixed-income portfolio management
- Be knowledgeable about the mechanics of portfolio construction and analysis across a wide range of instruments
- Be able to measure performance and attribution
- Understand credit spreads and investment portfolios
Schedule and Format
- Eight noncredit courses
- On average, students take one course per semester, fall/spring/summer
- The Diploma must be completed within three years
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the eight required courses within three years.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please contact the Division of Programs in Business at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of fixed-income instruments, including the ability to assess their risk characteristics and an understanding of their role within portfolios
- Familiarity with bonds, default swaps, and collateralized bond obligations
- Deepened knowledge of portfolio management and risk management issues