Finance Diploma in Energy Finance: Fossil Fuels to Renewables
The energy sector is a major driver in the global economy. Further growth is inevitable as developing economies struggle to reach parity with the developed world, magnifying both the demand for energy and the need for innovations in renewable and alternative exploration methods. Those who are interested in working in the finance segment of this industry must understand the changing landscape and its potential outcomes over the coming decades.
The Diploma in Energy Finance: Fossil Fuels to Renewables provides professionals with an in-depth overview of the specifics of financing energy—whether fossil fuels or renewables. Students hone skills in data interpretation and analysis, while examining the related risks and regulations in this emerging field. This program of study is offered in a blended format and provides a foundation for understanding and using qualitative and quantitative tools effectively within the energy sector. The courses explore methods for evaluating financial data from the energy industry, discuss processes for analyzing data, and provide guidance on interpreting and utilizing the findings of evaluations.
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses within two years.
Note: This program is offered in sequence and has been designed to be taken over the course of two semesters.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- The knowledge to understand the markets for the production and delivery of different energy sources, from fossil fuels to nuclear to renewables
- The tools to identify and understand the influences on energy markets to make effective analyses, decisions, and recommendations
- The ability to analyze and deliver informed interpretation of energy market data and forecasts
- The knowledge required to write reports and recommendations on the energy industry's sectors
- The ability to prepare market and corporate financial performance forecasts