The Diploma in Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) is a rigorous program designed primarily for individuals seeking certification as an Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) from the HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). New professionals starting a career in the world of human resources will find the new Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) certification perfect for their credentials, as it represents the industry’s first-ever HR certification designed for practitioners who are just beginning their HR professional journey.
Human resources has shifted away from an administrative function to a more strategic, visionary role within organizations that brings high-value contributions to organizational success. The Diploma course work addresses legal and ethical components of the decision-making process, as well as skills in the areas of strategic thinking, problem solving, leadership, negotiation, and communications—the essential tools that all HR practitioners must master.
An understanding of human behavior in the business environment is essential, and it will prepare you to succeed in your role as an HR professional. This program builds competencies that allow you to apply techniques in organizational conflict resolution, interpersonal effectiveness, labor relations, talent recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development, and risk management. An in-depth review of basic topics related to communication, motivation, group dynamics, leadership, performance management, and technology will support your professional growth, as you learn how the changing role of HR requires the application of best practices in developing and presenting initiatives that support business demands. You will develop a junior strategic plan and personal scorecard to enhance your accountability and your potential impact in the HR sector.
At the conclusion of this diploma, you will be prepared to sit for the Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) exam.
As a student in this program, you will be required to create a portfolio of assignments that showcases your understanding of, and ability to apply, human resources concepts. To demonstrate understanding of the role that human resources professionals play in an organization and to complete this diploma, you will develop and present a human resources management junior strategic plan. This plan will address all five key topics covered in the diploma courses, as well as five nonconfidential organizational goals. You also will develop an evaluative scorecard to help measure monthly progress.
- The ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Talent acquisition strategy
- Strong communicative skills and functional knowledge of organizational behavior
- Knowledge of how to handle employee relations
- The skills to perform benefit administration
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Junior HR Generalist
- Recruitment Coordinator
You'll Walk Away With
- The knowledge required to evaluate and apply theories of social science disciplines to solve workplace issues
- The capacity to employ human resource management functional capabilities for selecting, developing, and motivating workers
- The experience to utilize strong analytical, communication, and decision-making skills
- Foundational knowledge and practical experience necessary to produce a plan that attracts, compensates, retains, and develops employees
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the goals of the organization and the employee experience to achieve greater organizational health and an equity-based culture