Weddings are big business, and they play an important role in the tourism industry. Often, destination weddings host smaller numbers of guests, but they more than make up for that by bringing guests together for a longer period of time and offering them more activities to participate in. This course provides you with the insight and tools needed to plan the logistics, security, and details for a wedding at a tourist venue that is “no place like home.” Leave this class with a list of resources to assist you in the process of wedding planning at destinations that may be unfamiliar and could be international.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to evaluate destinations, venues, and travel requirements to determine the best places for the wedding, the family, and the guests
- An understanding of how to obtain information on local laws, credentials, and customs
- The skills to evaluate and vet local officiants, vendors, and food and service providers
- Knowledge of how to keep family and guests, safe, secure, and healthy when traveling
- Anyone planning a wedding at a destination away from home, especially at an international location
- Wedding planners, brides, grooms, travel consultants, and tour company employees