ESL Listening and Speaking 4 - S
In this course, intermediate-level students of English learn how pronunciation factors such as the rhythm of English are strongly linked to comprehension skills. They improve their listening comprehension through guided practice using videos or online materials. Also, they continue to improve their grammar, sentence structure, and vocabulary, while learning to better express their ideas verbally. Activities such as small-group discussions and role-playing provide a lot of opportunities to practice oral communication skills. The complement to this course is ESL Reading and Writing 4 - S/SESL1-CE9014, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to participate in and sustain conversations in English about topics of personal interest
- The ability to relate a sequence of events in English using appropriate transitions and basic tenses
- The ability to state opinions in English with concrete support
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals