ESL Essentials Intro - S
This integrated-skills course for students with little or no formal English training covers listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Students learn the foundations of English grammar and work on pronunciation. The course focuses on basic vocabulary and expressions useful for communicating about everyday topics. The complement to this course is ESL Foundations Intro - S/SESL1-CE9010, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to read personal information forms and to write simple sentences in English
- The ability to create lists of numbers, American money, common colors, and everyday objects in English
- The ability to ask and answer questions about personal information in English
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals