ESL Foundations 2 - S
This integrated-skills course is for high-beginner-level students of English that focuses on listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Students learn the essentials of English grammar and work on pronunciation. Students expand their vocabulary and become more comfortable communicating about a range of personal and familiar topics. The complement to this course is ESL Essentials 2 - S/SESL1-CE9022, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to identify parts of speech and to scan for specific information when reading in English
- The ability to contextualize the meaning of new words and to write simple descriptions of objects, people, places, and events
- The ability to write several sentences about personal experiences and to initiate—and respond to—questions about personal information, including schedules, surroundings, and physical characteristics
- Nonnative English speakers
- High-beginner-level English speakers