Project Management in the Public Sector
Project management is an important responsibility for many public sector and government employees, as more organizations are using project team-based methods. As such, workforce development is needed to meet the growing needs of project managers in the public sector. This course provides the opportunity to develop substantial project management skills that are specific to the public sector. The course is designed for public sector employees who want to improve both hard and soft project management skills. Course topics include (but are not limited to) the project life cycle, initiating, scope planning, task scheduling, project execution, leadership, and ethics, with a specific focus on how these are applied in the public sector.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the main tasks that project managers undertake to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and successfully close projects
- Familiarity with the tools and techniques used by project managers
- An understanding of the unique challenges presented by public sector projects
- Project managers wishing to transition to the public sector
- Professionals who want to improve hard and soft project management skills