3D Modeling with SketchUp for Interior Design
This introduction to 3D modeling is for those in interior design who have little or no digital modeling experience. The course centers on the practical application of SketchUp Pro as a tool for rendering realistic three-dimensional architectural layouts and elevations. SketchUp is a 3D modeling program used in virtually every industry for modeling and animation, and this course covers the fundamentals of creating three-dimensional environments. Learn to extrude floor plans; to incorporate details in your designs, including windows and doors; and to add furniture and textures. Also, become familiar with the extensive warehouse of objects. SketchUp allows you to set up different camera views that can be saved and printed, adding style and flair to your client presentations. Upon completion of this course, be able to communicate your designs three-dimensionally, professionally, and with confidence.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the functions and commands of SketchUp software to create, save, and print drawings that make use of multiple lines, geometric shapes, and curves
- The ability to employ the functions and commands of SketchUp software to create isometric and three-dimensional drawings and models for interior design
- Familiarity with the many features of SketchUp that automate the drafting process and facilitate the creation of more accurate drawings in less time than traditional drafting methods
- Interior design students and interior design enthusiasts
- Those with a keen interest in interior design who would like to refresh their techniques and terminology