Java Programming Summer Intensive
If you have no programming experience, then build solid skills in Java during this two-week intensive. Begin by mastering the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and the Java programming language, and advance to object-oriented design and standard Java application programming interface (API) packages. Develop applications that run on servers, as well as cross-platform applications that run on PCs, PDAs, and other devices. Gain an understanding of data structures, functionality, and Java’s user-friendly design tools. Complete the intensive fully prepared to develop Java applications. Receive a rapid introduction to Java programming and technologies and extensive experience with Java’s inheritance model. Develop proficiency in exportable Java libraries using Java packages, application build file standards using Ant, the capabilities of Java collections and generics, the Java I/O structure, and exception and event handling code. Further topics include multithreaded clients and servers using Java’s thread library; database connection and manipulation code; graphical user interfaces with Swing, Java’s GUI toolkit; and auxiliary technologies important to Java, such as UML and XML.
You'll Walk Away with
- The skills necessary to develop code with various Java data types, conditions, and loops
- The ability to implement arrays, functions, and string handling techniques
- Professionals aspiring to become Java developers
- Programmers, web developers, web designers, programming hobbyists, and database administrators
- Anyone who wants to kick-start a career programming