Case Studies in Real Estate Development
If you are interested in real estate, or if you are thinking about a career in this growing and evolving field, then this course is for you! Study residential real estate development with the pros—from financial, land use, design, and public policy perspectives—to strengthen your understanding of the entire real estate development process. Explore redevelopment and new construction opportunities for rental and for-sale product. Learn about the key aspects of real estate development, including acquisition and assemblage, environmental and engineering review, design and development, construction, joint ventures and public-private partnerships, capital and financing structure, and sales and marketing. Immerse yourself in case studies, including back-of-the-envelope analysis, which provide real-world insight into the day-to-day business of this lucrative career path.
You'll Walk Away with
- Improved understanding of the real estate development process
- Knowledge of key elements in real estate development
- Practice with deal analysis and case studies, including back-of-the-envelope analysis and models
- High school students in grades 9–12
- High school students interested in exploring real estate development