Emerging Economies in the International Financial System
Explore the main features of the international monetary and financial system. Gain an understanding of the opportunities and constraints faced by the emerging economies operating in this system. Analyze various types of emerging-market (EM) financial crises and the role that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) plays in them. Become familiar with important concepts related to EM monetary, exchange rate, and fiscal policies. Finally, debate the rise of the Chinese renminbi as an international reserve currency and the potential challenge this may represent to the US dollar.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of how the international monetary and financial system works
- Familiarity with the main concepts and basic frameworks used to analyze international economic and financial policy
- The ability to evaluate critically economic and financial commentary and articles published in international newspapers and magazines, such as the Financial Times and The Economist
- Professionals working or seeking to work in the financial sector
- Students, journalists, and anybody interested in international economic and financial issues