Digital Filmmaking Intensive
Digital Filmmaking Intensive is a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented, accelerated course that develops the creative talents of aspiring filmmakers in the essential aspects of today’s digital film technologies. Through practical assignments and hands-on instruction, develop an understanding of the concepts, techniques, technology, and underpinnings of the digital filmmaking process from pre- to postproduction by writing, directing, shooting, and editing your own eight-minute film. This experiential approach has a singular goal: immersion in the business and the art of visual storytelling. Faculty members instruct using a specific, progressive course structure that teaches each step of the filmmaking process. This unique experience prepares you for shooting in the real world by upholding industry-standard expectations. The course is conducted in a “workshop” style, in which you collaborate closely with the other participants, faculty members, and guest lecturers, as you actively learn about cinematography, nonlinear editing, lighting, screenwriting, pitching, sound recording, directing, casting, production design, location scouting, and more. Upon successful completion of this intensive course, you should have a completed portfolio film appropriate for festival submission and graduate school applications and to use as a demo reel for job applications. At the conclusion of the intensive, final films are celebrated in a screening open to cast, crew, friends, and family. At the end of the intensive, students who attend all sessions and complete all assignments will be awarded a certificate of completion.
You'll Walk Away with
- A completed portfolio film appropriate for festival submission and graduate school applications and to use as a demo reel for job applications
- Informed filmmaking through the study and practice of film production
- An understanding of the preproduction, production, and postproduction filmmaking processes
- Students who want not only to learn film direction but also to acquire specialized knowledge of all technical skills used in filmmaking
- Those who seek hands-on, practical training in the technical aspects of filmmaking