Editing: Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is a cost-effective nonlinear editing system. Through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises, learn the basic tools of Final Cut Pro and develop an understanding of editing fundamentals using provided footage. Begin with an introduction to nonlinear editing and learn the Final Cut Pro interface, including the browser, viewer, canvas, and timeline. Become acquainted with workflow and HD video formats. Work with projects, build a sequence, and create a simple montage. With further practice, progress to editing organizational techniques, including logging and capturing, applying bins and browser features, synching clips, and creating a rough cut.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to edit an entire project in Final Cut Pro X with sound, titles, effects, and transitions
- Familiarity with the Final Cut Pro workspace, as well as knowledge of editing, capturing footage, using tools, and exporting
- Effective workflow and file management strategies
- Those who are new to Final Cut Pro X
- Final Cut Pro users of all levels