Clean Energy Capstone Project: Putting Knowledge to Practice
Students gain real-world experience working directly with a NYC-based clean energy company that is aligned with their interests. For students, it is an opportunity to interweave theory with practice and to do so in real-time, in an unpredictable, complex, real-world environment. Capstone pairings will take place during the first several weeks of the program to provide both students and capstone host companies the opportunity to clearly define the scope of the project and its deliverables.
You'll Walk Away with
- A strong understanding of what it is like to work at a clean energy business or government entity in the New York metro area
- The ability to effectively describe your industry host and its mission, and how your capstone project will have an impact on the host’s business
- The ability to effectively execute a project with a remote team and consulting client
- The ability to effectively communicate with a consulting client on a project’s progress, ensuring the client’s confidence in the student and the team
- The ability to effectively manage and resolve internal team conflicts without it becoming apparent to a consulting client