FP 4: Income Tax Planning
This course will provide an understanding of the tax code and income tax fundamentals. Other topics covered in this course include tax consequences of employee benefits and investments, sales of personal residences, tax-free exchanges, and passive activity rules. You also will gain knowledge of the planning strategies for high-income individuals that have been necessitated by new developments in areas such as taxation of net investment income and phase-outs of personal dependency exemptions and of itemized deductions. This knowledge is tested in the tax portions of the CFP® exam. Fees for required study guides and the online final exam are not included in tuition. Required course booklets and online exams are available for purchase online at dalton-education.com/nyu-store .
You'll Walk Away with
- Sufficient understanding of the tax code and income tax fundamentals
- Comprehension of the tax implications of alternative financial plans
- The skills to evaluate existing tax strategies (advantages and disadvantages) and improve on such strategies
- The ability to assess the financial impact of tax planning alternatives
- The knowledge to make tax planning recommendations