Commercial Building Systems, Operations, and Maintenance
Managing commercial properties and facilities requires a working knowledge of all aspects of building systems, maintenance, and repair. In this course, explore building infrastructure and staffing, budgets, contract services, electrical distribution, lighting, fire protection, energy management, and emergency management. Additional topics covered include vertical transportation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning; boilers; plumbing; building envelope; security; computerized maintenance management systems; and environmental health and safety.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to create an operations audit that demonstrates routine, compliance, and an understanding of preventive maintenance and best practice schedules
- Knowledge of the request for proposal (RFP) process and the proper way to bid and negotiate for vendor contracts
- Familiarity with the basic principles of the refrigeration cycle and aspects of HVAC systems
- An understanding of third-party versus in-house maintenance projects
- An understanding of how union labor issues can dictate whom you hire and the cost of your project