Principles and Practices of Commercial Property Management
Learn the techniques and strategies for the successful management of commercial buildings with a special focus on the financial aspects of the manager’s role. Topics covered include the various forms of real estate ownership; management and vendor agreements; budgets and accounting; financial statements; escalation reports; standard operating procedures; insurance certificates and claims; and owner, tenant, and employee relations. This course also will demonstrate and explain the requirements for the Diploma’s final work product.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial property management
- The ability to develop and present a property management report to a client/owner
- An understanding of budgeting and accounting for commercial properties
- The skills to develop an income statement and to determine NOI
- The ability to analyze a financial statement and to write variance explanations