America at the Movies: Talk About Film Like a Native Speaker
In this advanced speaking course, film serves as the topic of discussion and informs various types of speech acts that students practice throughout the term. The class looks at both dramatic and comedic monologues that serve as inspiration for student presentations, using American films to inform discussions about Americans. By the end of term, students will be able to speak knowledgeably about cinema and go over trends in American film that speak to broader cultural phenomena. This course is for students in the Advanced and High Advanced levels. Use our easy Course Enrollment Guide to determine which level is right for you and then register online. Any questions? Sign up for a free English language assessment and an individualized advisement session during open advisement hours by contacting us at email@example.com.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to speak in English more fluently and accurately
- Greater comfort when speaking with Americans
- Increased knowledge of American culture
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals