ESL Listening and Speaking 5
In this intermediate-level English course, students focus on listening and speaking for both general and academic purposes. They listen to authentic materials, such as news reports and presentations, and then they participate in structured and unstructured class discussions. They also learn to recognize and correct errors in their own speaking. By the end of the course, students are able to understand a description or explanation on a concrete topic. Additionally, they have the English skills to convey a description or explanation and to state an opinion providing specific reasons. The complement to this course is ESL Reading and Writing 5/CESL1-CE9015, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to tell comprehensible stories with a beginning, middle, and end and to give clear oral descriptions or explanations
- The ability to understand various types of level-appropriate audio materials, descriptions, explanations, and narratives
- The ability to talk about and give reasons for a personal opinion and to discuss topics of personal and general interest with ease
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals