ESL Reading and Writing 6
This course, for intermediate-level students of English, focuses on reading and writing for both general and academic purposes. Students read from news articles, essays, short stories, and other sources chosen by the instructor. They study paragraph structure, development, organization, and essay structure, while working on multiple drafts to improve their ability to edit and organize their own writing. The complement to this course is ESL Listening and Speaking 6/CESL1-CE9026, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to write comprehensible and organized paragraphs in English with basic vocabulary and sentence structure
- The ability to write for various purposes in English, including description, explanation, and narration
- The ability to write about a personal opinion in English, providing a topic sentence and reasons
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals