TESOL Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE CERTIFICATE IN TESOL
Apply here to join our Spring 2021 cohort.
Note: Students are expected to possess a bachelor’s degree and an advanced level of English proficiency in all skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
Taught in thousands of schools in the United States and in public and private settings in nearly every nation, English is the most widely used language in the fields of science, business, academia, and tourism and is the primary language used on the Internet. The five required courses of the fully online Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) provide candidates with the theoretical background and practical, hands-on teaching skills necessary to work in the highly rewarding field of teaching English as a second or foreign language. Students who complete this program will be prepared for opportunities to teach adults in a variety of educational settings throughout the world. The Certificate in TESOL is a great fit for recent university graduates who want to explore the field, as well as experienced teachers aiming to enrich their practice. It’s ideal for those interested in intercultural communication, global engagement, and community service. Students walk away with a digital portfolio to showcase their skills and experience to employers; view samples: student 1 | student 2.
Email us at ELI@nyu.edu for more information.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- A digital portfolio to showcase your work for potential employers
- The ability to structure a course, write a syllabus, and create lesson plans for teaching English
- The knowledge to identify appropriate teaching materials and modify them, as needed
- Effective classroom-management skills
- The skills to incorporate regular assessment, analysis, and redesign into the teaching/learning process
- Current teaching methods for creating a learner-centered classroom environment