Digital Storytelling for Fundraising: Leveraging Emerging Technology for Impact
In today's rapidly changing world, nonprofits must leverage digital platforms to remain relevant and diversify their fundraising efforts. This course will provide strategies, tools, and tactics to enable nonprofits to raise awareness effectively and efficiently about their causes, engage supporters, and innovate to become more relevant. Students will explore emerging tech, including artificial intelligence (AI) tools such as Chat-GPT, block chain technology, virtual events, and virtual reality, and learn how to integrate these technologies into their digital strategies. Through case studies and best practices, students will develop an actionable digital strategy to increase fundraising and improve supporter engagement for organizations.
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising or the Certificate in Digital Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Digital Storytelling, Innovation, and Fundraising is applicable for 15 points in Category 1.B–Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the importance of digital platforms in nonprofit fundraising and marketing.
- Familiarity with emerging tech, including AI, cryptocurrencies, virtual events, and virtual reality.
- Strategies to leverage emerging tech to improve digital storytelling and fundraising efforts.
- Analysis of trends, best practices, tools, and platforms to identify opportunities for nonprofits.
- An understanding of the digital storytelling and fundraising ecosystems for nonprofits.
- Strategies for leveraging digital fundraising and marketing tools for maximum impact.
- An actionable digital strategy to increase fundraising and improve supporter engagement for organizations.
- Fundraising staff members
- Annual fund directors
- Database managers