Social entrepreneurship is an emerging field that involves the development of new approaches and business models to solve society’s toughest challenges. Social enterprises focus on the “triple bottom line,” which prioritizes both social impact and profits. Successful social entrepreneurs demonstrate creativity and passion, as well as a solid understanding of business operations and management principles. This course offers you the opportunity to learn what social enterprise is and provides you with foundational skills to launch one of your own. Through case studies, lectures, and classroom dialogue, develop a deeper understanding of the social entrepreneurship sector and the skills necessary to fund, launch, and administer such a venture.
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students who are interested in exploring social entrepreneurship
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of the theories, models, and key organizations in the social entrepreneurship sector
- A business plan for a new social enterprise or retooling of an existing organization
- An NYU transcript showing grade(s) earned upon completion of the course (Please note: No college credit or certificate of completion is granted for this course.)
- Session 3 Jul 18 - 22, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Career Edge Schedule
Application is now closed! We look forward to posting Summer 2023 information in early January 2023.
Application Requirements and Fees
For International Students
Resources and visa information for international students interested in studying abroad in NYC
Resources for students who have been admitted to the program