Restaurant Entrepreneurship: Examining the Business of Restaurants
Are you interested in owning a restaurant or a pursuing career in restaurant management? Go behind the scenes at some of New York City’s best restaurants in this interactive course. Key topics covered include concept development, marketing, restaurant operations, and financial management. Through in-person site visits and guest lectures from industry professionals, you’ll discover the many career paths available in this field. Students will gain an understanding of the risks, challenges, and opportunities that come with working in and owning a restaurant; business fundamentals and best practices; the impact of global events, the economy, changing demographic trends, tastes, and preferences on long-term success. At the end of this pre-college experience, you’ll walk away with an executive business plan for a new restaurant concept.
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students who are interested in exploring a career in restaurant entrepreneurship
You'll Walk Away With
- An executive summary of a business plan for a new restaurant concept that includes menu, design, and marketing plan
- The ability to follow a strict outline of logical progression that leads to a complete restaurant business plan
- Knowledge to draw relevant and exceptional conclusions based on analysis performed
- An NYU transcript showing grade(s) earned upon completion of the course (Please note: No college credit or certificate of completion is granted for this course.)
- Session 3 Jul 18 - 22, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Career Edge Schedule
Application is now closed! We look forward to posting Summer 2023 information in early January 2023.
Application Requirements and Fees
For International Students
Resources and visa information for international students interested in studying abroad in NYC
Resources for students who have been admitted to the program