Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
In addition to the University Commencement ceremony, the NYU School of Professional Studies hosts separate events, one for its graduate and one for its undergraduate students and their guests. Along with your family and friends, you will join your fellow graduates as we celebrate your achievements.
Interested in being this year’s Convocation Student Speaker? Members of the graduating class may nominate themselves or any of their classmates. The deadline for applying is February 25, 2019. The student speakers for the Class of '19 will be chosen by the Convocation Student Speaker Committee. Please complete and submit the application.
Invitations are emailed to graduates and candidates for graduation for the 2018-2019 academic year—specifically those who have graduated in September 2018 and January 2019, as well as those who will graduate in May 2019.
Tickets for the Graduate Convocation
Each participating graduate and candidate for graduation is eligible to bring up to four guests and will be provided with four guest tickets and one graduate ticket. You will be able to reserve tickets online between March 18 and April 19. You will not be guaranteed tickets if you do not order in advance of ticket distribution.
Tickets for the Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony
Each participating graduate and candidate for graduation is eligible to bring up to four guests (graduates do not need a ticket for this event). You will be able to reserve tickets online between March 18 and April 19. You will not be guaranteed tickets if you do not order in advance of ticket distribution.
Ticket Distribution Schedule
SPS Convocation and NYU All-University Commencement tickets will be available for pick up on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019: 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (on-time orders only) -- Kimmel, Lobby
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019: 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (on-time orders only) -- Kimmel, Lobby
- Thursday, May 16, 2019: 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. -- Kimmel, Lobby
- Friday, May 17, 2019: 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. -- Kimmel, Lobby
- Monday, May 20, 2019: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. -- Kimmel, Lobby
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. -- Skirball Box Office
No tickets will be distributed on Commencement Day, Wednesday, May 22.
The NYU School of Professional Studies Office of Student Affairs will email invitations for this event in mid-March. If you do not receive your Convocation invitation by April 1, please contact the Office at email@example.com to verify your graduation status and email address.
The ceremony will begin with several speeches, followed by the presentation of graduates to the dean. During this presentation, each student will be invited to march across the stage to be recognized.
Please note that guest seating will begin at 4 p.m. for the graduate ceremony; and 10 a.m. for the undergraduate ceremony. We will not be able to accommodate guests who arrive earlier.
Contact Information For Inquiries Regarding:
NYU School of Professional Studies Convocation
Phone: (212) 992-9100
Academic Attire, Announcement Cards, and Class Rings
Address Change, Graduation Status, Diplomas
Student Services Center
Phone: (212) 998-4260
Address: 383 Lafayette Street, 1st Floor
For more info click here
Alumni Activities, Benefits and Services
Office of Alumni Relations
Phone: (212) 998-7060
NYU Commencement Portraits
NYU Photo Bureau
Phone: (212) 998-6826
Graduates will be able to purchase pictures taken during the ceremony. Details will be included in material received during the event. The video recording from the event will be posted on the website.
Diplomas are not distributed during the NYU School of Professional Studies Convocation or during the NYU Commencement. They are mailed, approximately twelve weeks after the graduation ceremonies.
Let's Celebrate! 50 Nights to Graduation
- An SPS Alumni Welcome to the Class of 2019
- Friday, April 5, 2019
- NYU School of Professional Studies, Lobby
- 7 East 12th Street, New York, NY 10012
- 4:00–8:00 p.m.
NYU 23rd Annual Grad Alley (For graduating students and their families)
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Washington Square Area
- 5:00–8:00 p.m.
NYU 187th Commencement – All University
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
- 9:00 a.m. – Gates Open for Candidates and Guests
- 10:30 a.m. – Faculty Procession Begins / Candidates Seated in Assigned School Areas
- 11:00 a.m. – Ceremony Begins
- 12:30 p.m. – Ceremony Concludes (approx.)
NYUSPS Convocation for Undergraduate Students
- Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Manhattan Center, Hammerstein Ballroom
- 311 West 34th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
- 10:00 a.m. – Guest Seating Opens / Student Line-up Begins
- 11:00 a.m. – Ceremony Begins
- 1:00 p.m. – Ceremony Concludes
NYUSPS Convocation for Graduate Students
- Friday, May 24, 2019
- Radio City Music Hall
- 1260 6th Avenue (between 50th and 51st Streets)
- 3:30 p.m. – Student seating opens
- 4:00 p.m. – Guest seating opens
- 5:00 p.m. – Ceremony begins
- 7:30 p.m. – Ceremony concludes