Do you have a passion for something you can talk about at length? Do you have stories to share? Are a fan of Stuff You Should Know, Serial, Anna Faris Is Unqualified, and Nerdist Podcast? If so, you might be interested in starting your own podcast. This workshop gives you the tools you need to get started. Through hands-on training, learn how to write for the ear, use a microphone, record audio, and edit on your computer. Work in small groups to create your own audio project, either a public radio-style story (like WNYC’s Radio Rookies), a creative piece (like Radiolab), or an interview/chat show (like Pod Save America). By the end, you will have the audio basics you need to start recording your very own podcast.
- High school students in grades 9–12
- High school students interested in learning more about podcasting and audio journalism
You'll Walk Away With
- A three- to five-minute audio project
- Skills to record and edit audio
- Ideas for starting your own podcast