Learn the who, what, where, why, and how of reporting for and writing journalistic feature stories. In this practical, hands-on workshop, learn the essential skills of print-based journalism by mastering techniques that are applicable to all journalistic forms, including newspaper, magazine, digital, and broadcast. In a collaborative environment, learn to identify story ideas, conduct research, and interview subjects. Hone your writing skills to craft clear, concise, and engaging stories and headlines. Discuss journalism ethics, including plagiarism and libel. Get experience having your work closely reviewed by a professional editor, and finish the class with a polished feature story you can be proud of.
- High school students in grades 9–12
- High school students interested in a career in journalism
You'll Walk Away With
- Mastery of skills and techniques that are applicable to all forms of journalism
- Experience working with a professional editor
DateFeb 2 - Mar 23
- Feb 2 - Mar 23
- 1:30PM - 5:00PM
- Washington Square
- No class on: Feb. 16, Mar. 9
The application deadline is January 25 for classes starting on February 2. For all other courses, applications are due one week before the course start date.
Saturday, February 2, 2019