The NYU School of Professional Studies Jonathan M. Tisch Center for Hospitality and Tourism's extensive industry network in New York City and around the world offers access to internship experiences that cannot be found anywhere else. Internships build valuable, sector-specific learning into the undergraduate and graduate experience, and offer natural opportunities for classroom theory to meet real-world business application.
Internships are an integral component of Tisch Center degree programs, providing students with the opportunity to build professional portfolios, to network, and to gain critical knowledge and hand-on skills within a professional environment.
Academic credit is earned during the semester in which the internship takes place and cannot be granted retroactively for internships completed in previous semesters.
- Required to complete a total of 600 hours of industry internships
- May complete internships at two, three, or four organizations worldwide
- Will learn, shadow, work, and develop professionally
- An optional 300-hour internship as an academic elective may be completed
The Tisch Center allows flexibility in scheduling internships, which may occur in the fall, spring, or summer. Many students choose to intern while enrolled full-time, mirroring the multitasking required both in business and in life. Faculty members assign concurrent internship course work that complements students' practical field experience.
Recent Tisch Center Internship Placements:
- Affinia Hotels
- American Express
- B. R. Guest Hospitality
- Denihan Hospitality Group
- Ernst and Young
- Grand Hyatt
- Hersha Hospitality Management
- Hilton Worldwide
- Hotel Gansevoort
- Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG)
- Intercontinental New York Times Square
- Loews Hotels
- Mandarin Oriental
- Marriott International/Marriott Marquis
- Morimoto NYC
- The New York Palace
- NYC & Company
- The Peninsula
- The Pierre
- Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotel Group