Opportunities and Outcomes
Today’s real estate and construction professionals require the strategic, analytical, and leadership skills—as well as the sophisticated technical expertise—to anticipate and to adapt to the dynamic forces that are constantly reshaping the industry. Sustainability, for example, has become an industry touchstone, changing the context for real estate investment and construction decision making through regulatory and policy developments.
The NYU School of Professional Studies Schack Institute of Real Estate graduate programs provide you with the theoretical and applied knowledge necessary to move your career forward in areas such as global project management, sustainable development, LEED certification, green building techniques, repositioning of distressed projects, and reclamation of brownfields.
As a Schack Institute of Real Estate student, you will benefit from opportunities that will add extraordinary value to your educational experience, including:
The Schack Institute of Real Estate alumni work in every facet of the industry, including full-service brokerage and advisory firms; Wall Street investment houses; real estate capital groups; development firms; nonprofit organizations; government agencies; consulting firms; global construction firms; and entrepreneurial ventures. Recent graduates hold positions such as:
- Associate, Debt Portfolio Management, NorthStar Realty Finance Corp.
- Associate, Healthcare Group, Savills, LLC
- Construction Manager, The Louis Berger Group, Inc.
- Leasing and Renewal Manager, Stonehenge Management, LLC
- Project Administrator, NYC Department of Design and Construction
- Project Manager, Real Estate Transaction Services, NYC Economic Development Corporation
- Project Manager, Tishman Construction Corporation
- Real Estate Associate, MetLife, Inc.
- Senior Analyst, Wells Hills Partners, Ltd.