New York, April 3, 2013 – The REIT Center at the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate (scps.nyu.edu/schack) has announced the afternoon speaker line-up for its 18th Annual REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) Symposium, which will take place on Thursday, April 11 at the Pierre Hotel in Manhattan. The theme for this year’s Symposium is “The New Normal for REIT M&A.” Hamid R. Moghadam, Chairman and CEO of Prologis, Inc., will be the Conference’s keynote speaker.
The afternoon panels of the REIT Symposium will include: “Consolidation and Deal Hotspots;” “A Conversation with Martin Cohen and William L. Mack;” and “A Conversation with Samuel Zell” as part of the eight panels over the course of the day.”
NYU Schack’s REIT Symposium offers a unique forum for sophisticated, high-level discussions among industry leaders. “The speakers at this year’s Conference represent such a wide variety of experts from the field,” said Rosemary Scanlon, NYU Schack divisional dean. “The event serves as an extraordinary opportunity to hear from some of the most influential names in the industry.”
The afternoon panels will include:
- A lunchtime Investor Roundtable, moderated by Barry Vinocur, editor, REIT Wrap, and featuring William A. Ackman, chief executive officer, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.; Theodore R. Bigman, managing director, Morgan Stanley Investment Management; Jonathan D. Gray, global head of Real Estate, Blackstone; and Joseph Harvey, president and chief investment officer, Cohen & Steers.
- A Conversation with Martin Cohen, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer, Cohen & Steers; and William L. Mack, founder and chairman, AREA Property Partners, and chairman, Mack-Cali Realty Corporation; moderated by Conference Co-Chair Adam O. Emmerich, partner, Watchell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.
- “Consolidation and Deal Hotspots – Hot Sectors, Likely Targets, Foreign Expansion, and Non-Traditional REITs,” moderated by Michael Bilerman, managing director, global head of Real Estate and Lodging Research, Citi; and featuring Terry Considine, chairman and chief executive officer, Aimco; Daniel B. Hurwitz, chief executive officer, DDR Corp.; Timothy J. Naughton, chief executive officer and president, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.; Dennis D. Oklak, chairman and chief executive officer, Duke Realty Corporation; and Mark S. Ordan, chief executive officer, Sunrise Senior Living, Inc.
- A Conversation with Samuel Zell, chairman of Equity Group Investments
The Symposium’s previously announced morning panels include:
- “REIT M&A in the ‘New Normal’ – How Long Will the Virtuous Cycle Last; Doing Deals in Uncertain Markets; Does the Recovery Have Legs?,” is moderated by Guy A. Metcalfe, managing director and global head of Real Estate Investment Banking for Morgan Stanley. Panelists are: Michael D. Fascitelli, president and chief executive officer, Vornado Realty Trust; Ronald L. Havner, Jr., chairman, president, and chief executive officer, Public Storage, Inc.; Michael F. Kirby, chairman and director of Research, Green Street Advisors, Inc.; and David J. Neithercut; president, chief executive officer, and member of the Board of Trustees, Equity Residential.
- “State of the REIT Capital Markets – Financing Deals; Equity; Debt; Perpetual Preferred,” is moderated by Michael J. Graziano, managing director and global co-head of Real Estate, Goldman, Sachs & Co. Panelists are: Gordon F. DuGan, chief executive officer, Gramercy Capital Corp.; Jackson Hsieh, vice chairman, joint global head of Real Estate Group, UBS Investment Bank; Matthew J. Lustig, managing partner of North America Investment Banking, and head of Real Estate, Gaming & Lodging, Lazard; and Donald C. Wood, president and chief executive officer, Federal Realty Investment Trust.
- A Conversation with Milton Cooper, executive chairman, Kimco Realty Corporation
- “Non-Traded REITs – Trends and Developments; Opportunities for the Public Markets,” is moderated by Lisa E. Beeson, managing director, head of Global Real Estate M&A, Barclays. Panelists are: Jeffrey D. Horowitz, head of Global Real Estate, Gaming and Lodging Investment Banking, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Gil G. Menna, partner, Goodwin Procter LLP; Marc Nemer, president and chief executive officer, Cole Real Estate Investments; Nicholas S. Schorsch, chairman and chief executive officer, American Realty Capital; and Randy Williamson, managing director, Eastdil Secured, LLC.
To register for the event, please visit scps.nyu.edu/reit. If you have any questions regarding registration or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jessica Estrada-Watson at 212-992-3618 or email@example.com.
About the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate
The NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate (www.scps.nyu.edu/schack) was founded in 1967, at the initiative of prominent real estate leaders who encouraged NYU to establish an academic center that provided an educational foundation for professionals within their industry. Today, NYU Schack is home to graduate degree and related graduate certificate programs—notably the M.S. in Real Estate, the M.S. in Construction Management, and the M.S. in Real Estate Development—which enroll almost 800 full- and part-time students from more than 30 countries and have nearly 2,500 alumni degree-holders around the globe. In addition, each year approximately 4,200 working professionals enroll in the Institute's professional certificate programs, noncredit courses, and licensure-related offerings in such areas as real estate finance, sales and brokerage, sustainable design, facilities management, and architecture and civil engineering. The Institute also houses the NYU REIT Center and the Center for the Sustainable Built Environment and hosts key industry events, including annual conferences on Real Estate Capital Markets and REITs. NYU Schack is one of several comprehensive academic divisions within the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (NYU-SCPS), the NYU home for study and applied research related to key knowledge-based industries where the New York region leads globally.