New York, NY - October 25, 2012 – The NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate today announced Howard W. Lutnick, chairman and CEO of Cantor Fitzgerald, L.P. and BGC Partners, Inc., as the keynote speaker for the 45th Annual Conference on Capital Markets in Real Estate on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at the Waldorf=Astoria in New York. The theme for this year’s highly anticipated conference is “A Real Estate Practitioner’s Guide to Success in the Volatile Global Capital Markets.”
“Year after year, NYU Schack’s Capital Markets Conference is one of the most informative, influential, and essential real estate events in New York and in the country,” said Rosemary Scanlon, divisional dean of the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate. “Industry leaders and NYU Schack students alike attend this event because the quality and the depth of the topics are unmatched, and by coming to the Conference, they get the opportunity to hear about the always-changing landscape of real estate private equity, structured finance, REITs, and related fields directly from the best in the business.”
Lutnick will begin the day with his keynote address entitled, “Real Estate Finance and Investment Banking in the Post 9/11 Era.”
The NYU Schack Capital Markets Conference will include five panels as well as the state of the economy address by Douglas Holtz-Eakin, president of American Action Forum. This year’s one-on-one will be with Michael D. Fascitelli, president, CEO, and trustee of Vornado Realty Trust, moderated by James D. Kuhn, president of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank and chairman of the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate Advisory Board.
The popular “NYC: We Are the Golden Apple” panel will close out the Conference featuring a group of real estate industry titans. Moderated by Robert S. Blumenthal, managing director of Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc., the panelists are Marc Holliday, CEO of SL Green Realty Corp.; William L. Mack, founder and chairman of AREA Property Partners; Stephen M. Ross, chairman and founder of Related Companies; William C. Rudin, CEO and vice chairman of Rudin Management Company, Inc.; Larry A. Silverstein, president and CEO of Silverstein Properties, Inc. and founder and chairman emeritus of the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate; and Darcy Stacom, vice chairman of CBRE, Inc.
Other panels featuring the industry’s leaders will be on the topics of “Permanent Capital and Structured Finance,” “Institutional Equity and Sovereign Investment Funds,” “Private Equity,” and “Financing.”
Registration for the Conference is now open. To view the complete conference agenda and to register, please visit: www.scps.nyu.edu/capital.
FULL PANEL LIST
- Richard A. Kessler, Chief Operating Officer, Benenson Capital Partners, LLC
- Ed Adler, Managing Director, Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc.
- Mark Finerman, Managing Principal, LoanCore Capital, LLC; Chief Executive Officer, Jefferies LoanCore LLC
- Greta Guggenheim, Chief Investment Officer, Ladder Capital Finance LLC
- Michael Higgins, Managing Director and Head of U.S. Real Estate Finance, CIBC World Markets Corp.
- Anthony Orso, Executive Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Cantor Commercial Real Estate
- Richard Walsh, Managing Director, Real Estate Group, New York Life Investment Management
Private Equity Panel
- John Kukral, President and Chief Executive Officer, Northwood Investors
- Neil G. Bluhm, Managing Partner, Walton Street Capital, LLC
- Kelvin Davis, Senior Partner, TPG Capital, L.P.
- Paul A. Galiano, Senior Managing Director; Co-Head of Acquisitions, Dispositions, Capital Markets, Joint-Venture Transactions, Tishman Speyer
- William H. Walton, Managing Member, Rockpoint Group, LLC
Institutional Equity and Sovereign Investment Funds
- Jeffrey A. Barclay, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Tom Arnold, Head of Americas - Real Estate, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Thomas Garbutt, Senior Managing Director, Head of Global Real Estate, TIAA-CREF Financial Services
- Janice Lin, Portfolio Manager, Real Estate Investments, Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board
- Philip A. Riordan, Senior Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer, Real Estate, General Electric Asset Team
- Andrew Trickett, Senior Managing Director, Investments – New York, Oxford Properties Group
Permanent Capital and Structured Finance
- Robert S. Blumenthal, Managing Director, Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Horowitz, Head of Global Real Estate, Gaming and Lodging, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Scott Rechler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, RXR Realty
- Richard B. Saltzman, President, Colony Capital, LLC
- Wendy Silverstein, Executive Vice President, Co-Head of Acquisitions and Capital Markets, Vornado Realty Trust
- Peter Weidman, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
NYC: We Are the Golden Apple
- Robert S. Blumenthal, Managing Director of Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc.
- Marc Holliday, CEO of SL Green Realty Corp.
- William L. Mack, Founder and Chairman of AREA Property Partners
- Stephen M. Ross, Chairman and Founder of Related Companies
- William C. Rudin, CEO and Vice Chairman of Rudin Management Company, Inc.
- Larry A. Silverstein, President and CEO of Silverstein Properties, Inc. and Founder and Chairman Emeritus of NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate
- Darcy Stacom, Vice Chairman of CBRE, Inc.
About the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate
The NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate (www.scps.nyu.edu/schack) was founded in 1967, at the initiative of prominent real estate leaders who encouraged NYU to establish an academic center that provided an educational foundation for professionals within their industry. Today, NYU Schack is home to graduate degree and related graduate certificate programs—notably the M.S. in Real Estate, the M.S. in Construction Management, and the M.S. in Real Estate Development—which enroll almost 800 full- and part-time students from more than 30 countries and have nearly 2,500 alumni degree-holders around the globe. In addition, each year approximately 4,200 working professionals enroll in the Institute's professional certificate programs, noncredit courses, and licensure-related offerings in such areas as real estate finance, sales and brokerage, sustainable design, facilities management, and architecture and civil engineering. The Institute also houses the NYU REIT Center and the Center for the Sustainable Built Environment and hosts key industry events, including annual conferences on Real Estate Capital Markets and REITs. NYU Schack is one of several comprehensive academic divisions within the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (NYU-SCPS), the NYU home for study and applied research related to key knowledge-based industries where the New York region leads globally.